Friday, June 21, 2013



Where is Drive Clean when you need it?   Riding in to work today, I passed by ArcelorMittal along Burlington Street when I stumbled upon this scene:





It's a coil forklift that clearly has some serious exhaust emission problems. I watched as, every five minutes or so, the lift would circulate through the coil yard facing on to Burlington Street.  Sorry - I don't mean to beat up on ArcelorMittal all of the time but, honestly, why did no one in the plant take action to eliminate this problem? There are enough serious emission problems at the plant as is.  Why not solve the solvable ones?   I did email the plant's environmental office and they have indicated that they will look in to the problem. Fingers crossed they resolve it quickly - and help us to clear the air!


No comments:

Post a Comment